Since I moved here in May, I have experienced:
- one 95 degree weekend (the weekend I moved up here, actually. I thought to myself, 'this may not be so bad!)
- 18.35-ish inches of rain (probably would be lots more if it weren't for that durn Olympic shadow)
- a crapload* of snow
- 2 weeks of sub-freezing temperatures
- falling on my ass on various occasions while walking to the bus stop (thank you, crapload of snow and 2 weeks of sub-freezing temperatures)
- finding out that Uggs are not very waterproof
Also, I have learned that preparing for the weather is a challenge. Today, for instance, there was sun, rain, wind, all at a pleasant 49 degrees. Ridiculous? Slightly.
Now, I know that I have been spoiled by living in the land of palm trees and sunshine (and I'm not talking about anywhere in Florida; that's more the land of retirees and Nascar). However, one would have to understand that shock of moving to the constant state of drizzle that is the Emerald City. Wearing glasses in the rain gets old, that's all I'm sayin.